Volunteers have always been the heart of hospice, and this holds true at Comfort Care Hospice. Many
have personally experienced the support of hospice services, while some are drawn by the simple desire to help others.
Comfort Care Hospice volunteers commit their time and talent in a variety of ways. They support patients and families, provide
administrative support, function as community liaisons, participate in special events and fundraising activities and provide comfort to patients and their families.
How can I volunteer with Comfort Care?
- Provide companionship by sitting with patient and caregiver
- Read a book or sing a song to a patient
- Run an errand for a patient or a caregiver
- Write letters for the patient
- Provide relief to a caregiver so that they can have a break
- Give support at time or death
- Visit with the bereaved family to provide support in the months following death
- Help with community activities
- Many, many more ways -- call 912-367-4146 and ask for the volunteer coordinator
Training is provided for all hospice volunteers